Tuesday, September 17, 2013

This weeks workouts/stats

Tuesday 17th
Warm Up:
WOD:
Work Out Info:
We had 12 minutes to do as many pull-ups (Bringing our knees to our hips or two are chess or our toes to the bar ) as we could in a row until completely exhausted. Once exhausted On the pull-up bar we had to go for a 200 m run and do it all over again.  We had to do it as many times as we could in that 12 minute period. 
Post Work Out Notes:
This one was hard!  It's no secret that I stink at pull-ups and running makes me want to barf!  I couldn't decide which I liked less. However, I am there to push myself and do the best I can right? 
I ended up doing a total of 30 pull-ups bringing my knees up to my hips and running roughly 1000 meters. I was not able to do more than five pull-ups at a time so it ended up being five sets of five pull ups bringing my knees to my head with 200 meter runs interspersed between those.  
At the time it felt really difficult but after the workout I thought maybe I could have extended a little more energy. I decided to do some oblique work by using a medicine ball and tapping from side to side in a sitting position. I completed about 40 of them, 20 on each side, until it was time to go.
I left feeling pretty good , not too sore, but now about six hours later I can definitely tell that I worked hard! My thighs bottom calves and back are sore but in a really awesome way :-) the warm-up was awesome and my thighs are really feeling those squats and walking lunges.
I cannot say enough about how awesome Crossfit is!  No way I would have done a work out like that on my own.

Wednesday 18th:  No workout today! Unfortunately, I had to stay home to get our cable installed :-). I'll have to give it everything tomorrow!

Thursday 19th:
Work Out Info:
Warmed up with Lifting basics. We went through all of the different forms for squats, presses and lifting using seals middle of the feet and your legs and bottom rather then your back.  It was six minutes of up and down maneuvers and lower back exercises.

WOD:
4 clean jerks
6 pull ups
8 elevated push ups
10 dead lifts
_____________
Complete 4 cycles for time With either 45 pounds 55 pounds or 65 pound Bars/weights
Score: 4 cycles in 13 minutes /five seconds. With 35 pound bar & 2-10 pound weight equals 55 pounds total

Post Work Out Notes:
This workout was particularly hard. Our warm-up included lots of squats so when I use a 35 pound bar with two extra 10 pound weights on either side I was exhausted lifting 55 pounds on already tired legs.  He cleaned jerks were super hard to get the rhythm of but I know I can figure it out and do it right. My biggest challenge was keeping my back straight up-and-down And my head straight forward.  My other challenge was lifting the bar in one clean motion word and then flipping it up onto the rest the way I was sound. I think it's going to take some practice :-). On the flipside, it may be mental but I actually thought that the push ups and pull-ups were just a tiny bit easier. I felt more coordinated and a little stronger on the bars. I was definitely  able to push up with a lot more force than I have been able to before on push-ups.
It took me 13 minutes and five seconds to do something that eventually I should be able to complete in about half the time. I do feel stronger today than the day I started though. There is no question about that!
I also have to mention that for about the last two hours after workout I've had a hard time lifting my arm and carrying anything in them. No question I worked Out really hard!


Friday 20th: 

Work Out Info:

Post Work Out Notes:
Woah, this was my first time doing burpees and it killed!!  I notice I say that a lot but I really mean it on this one.    Still added the 100 side/side medicine ball crunches:). Great workout!

* Weeks Review: 
Can't believe I completed 4 classes this week.  I can already feel the muscle building up and things getting just a tiny bit easier to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment